The Toyota Avanza is a front-engine, rear-wheel drive automobile. The name "Avanza" was taken from the Italian word avanzato, which means
The new Toyota Avanza, with its spacious 5+2 seat configuration, provides a solution to this family car conundrum.
In the words of TMC Executive Chief Engineer for the Avanza, Kaoru Hosokawa, this new model has created an all new class of vehicle to address an untapped market: "With the Avanza we have created a new class of vehicle that can reach new customers as an entry level compact MPV (Multi Purpose Vehicle). It is a very practical vehicle that will provide its owners with a highly satisfying ownership experience with value for money appeal. It is a vehicle like no other!"
An appealing exterior design with a commanding presence that sets it apart from other vehicles in the compact class would best describe
The smooth shape flows from front to rear and portrays a sense of movement in the styling. Strong character lines define the shape and provide a sense of inherent stability and a functional image. A point of focus in the design phase was the quality of external treatments and finishes to ensure an overall quality look and feel for the vehicle that exceeds expectations of an entry level vehicle.
Despite its entry-level and affordable vehicle status, the Avanza embraces a number of active and passive safety features ensuring a safe and
carefree motoring experience. Inherent in the design are excellent visibility, vehicle stability, and braking performance.
• Key transponder with immobilizer
• Front ventilated brake discs
• Anti-lock Braking System ( ABS )
• Active Brake Assist
• Electronic Brake-Force Distribution ( EBD )
• Electrical power steering
• Front suspension - MacPherson type strut
• Rear suspension - 4-link coil springs with lateral rod
• Driver and front passenger air bags
• Rear Child locking system
• Front seat belts with pretensioner and force limiters
• Rear seat belts
Excellent utility is achieved by adopting a tumble mechanism for the centre row of seats, split 50:50, and a fold and tumble mechanism for
the third row. A spring loaded device assists in reducing the effort required to tumble the centre row of seats. A number of flexible
seating/load configurations are possible with 955 litres of load space available with all the rear seats folded away.
A total of 17 various size storage spaces are provided for smaller items. These include bottle or cup holders for all seats, compartments of varying size and shape in the door trim panels and centre console and the glove box. Both the driver's seat and front passenger seat have storage pockets in their backrests accessible by passengers in the middle row of seats.
• Minimum turning radius - 4.7 mts
• Front and Rear Air-conditioning system
• Height adjustable steering wheel
• Radio CD Player + 4 loudspeakers
• 12v power outlet in console
• Integrated cup holders in all four doors
• Interior dome light with off delay
• Multiple door storage compartments
• Driver and passenger sun visor
• Driver's power window auto down
• Four electrical windows
• 60:40 split foldable rear seats
• Front retractable cup holders
• Front passenger glove box
• Colour-coded front and rear bumpers, side mirrors and door handles
• Tinted glasses
Dimension & Weight
Seating capacity 5+2
Minimum ground clearance 200mm
Displacement − 1495cc − 16V
Variable Valve Timing Intelligent engine ( VVTi )
Max output − 76KW/6000 rpm − 107 HP
Max torque − 136Nm/4400 rpm